Politics Mondays: Congressman Gregory Meeks' Congressional Black Caucus Issue Forum
This Friday, September 26, 2003, I will have the honor of serving as moderator for Congressman Gregory Meeks' (D-N.Y.) Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) Issue Forum entitled, "African-American's Coming of Age: Setting the Agenda and Challenging the Status Quo". The Issue Forum will be held on Friday, September 26, 2003 at the new Washington Convention Center, located at 801 Mount Vernon Place, NW in Washington, DC from 2:00 PM until 4:00 PM.
The Issue Forum will be held during the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation's (CBC) 33rd Annual Legislative Conference (ALC), September 24-27, 2003. The ALC's theme this year is "Collective Leadership- Challenging a Bold New World".
Joining Congressman Gregory Meeks for a rich and wide-ranging discussion regarding the current state of Black America and the issues, initiatives and agenda that both challenge and move her forward will be the following panelists:
- Darien Dash, Technology Expert, Entrepreneur and Founder and CEO of DME Interactive
- Joe Madison, National Civil Rights Activist, Opinion Leader, and Talk-Show Host on WOL-AM in Washington, DC and nationally on XM satellite radio, "The Power".
- Angela McGlowan, Political, Special Interest Groups and Lobbies Contributor for the Fox News Channel
- Kevin Powell, Author, Social Commentator and Hip-Hop Opinion Leader [Mr. Powell's most recent book is entitled "Who's Gonna Take the Weight: Manhood, Race, and Power in America," (Three Rivers Press, $12.95)]
- Dr. C. Delores Tucker, former Secretary of State, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (1971-77), Convening Founder and Chair of the National Political Congress of Black Women, Inc.
The panel continues the Community Of Vision Initiative (COV) between the office of Congressman Gregory Meeks and BlackElectorate.com. All BlackElectorate.com viewers and COV members are invited and encouraged to attend this Issue Forum and the entire Congressional Black Caucus Annual Legislative Conference.
Monday, September 22, 2003
To discuss this article further enter The Deeper Look Dialogue Room
The views and opinions expressed herein by the author do not necessarily represent the opinions or position of BlackElectorate.com or Black Electorate Communications.